Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sloppy Joes

I got this recipe here. Normally my family doesn't care for onion, pepper, or mustard, but they ate it up. The only changes I made was decreased the mustard, because I don't like an over powering taste of mustard. I may have also increased the brown sugar a bit. I didn't really measure it I just throw some spoonfuls in.


Sloppy Joes
1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup (or one small onion)
1/4 cup green pepper (one medium to large)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard (orig called for 1 tea.)
3/4  cup ketchup
3 teaspoons brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste
Rolls


Directions
1. In a medium skillet over medium heat brown the ground beef, onion and green pepper; drain liquids


2. Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar, mix and simmer for 15-30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with rolls.


Printable Version Here

No comments:

Post a Comment